Peterborough Athletic Concussion Awareness, was formed in April 2019 under the leadership of the Peterborough Family Health Team and Peterborough Public Health. Our goal is to increase awareness while taking a community approach, setting a new standard for communities who aim to tackle concussions. PACA is a community led team working towards increasing concussion awareness by working under its four pillars:
- Dr. Steph Dallaire – Family Physician
- Dr. Alex Weiler – ER Physician
- Dr. Joanna Hamilton – Neuro Psychologist
The partnership and school programs allow for individuals to ensure they are met with the necessary information needed to understand concussions at a deeper level. By taking a community approach we hope to undertake the various effects of concussions. Our team is full of motivated and dedicated individuals whose lives have all been affected by concussions.
In collaboration with Trent University we have had the chance to work with local post-secondary students to develop out our educational programming and awareness initiatives. Our student volunteers are essential in achieving the level of community impact we aspire to create. A special thanks to our current volunteers for all the amazing work they do.
PACA Project Manager – Ryan Sutton
Join our Team Today!
Student Volunteer Program
Welcome to the Peterborough Athletics Concussion Awareness Student Volunteer Program – your gateway to promoting safety, education, and well-being within the sports community! ⚽🧠
If you’re a student with a passion for sports and a commitment to ensuring the health of athletes, you’ve come to the right place. Our program is designed to empower students like you to raise awareness about concussions and their potential long-term effects, all while fostering a culture of safety and support.
Why Choose the Peterborough Athletics Concussion Awareness Student Volunteer Program?
- 🏆 Impactful Advocacy: Join a team of dedicated volunteers working to spread crucial information about concussions, ultimately contributing to safer sports environments.
- 🎓 Learning with Purpose: Acquire in-depth knowledge about concussions, their signs, symptoms, and prevention strategies, enhancing your understanding of sports-related injuries.
- 🌟 Skill Development: Hone skills in communication, event planning, and community outreach, equipping you with valuable tools for your personal and professional growth.
- 🤝 Community Engagement: Collaborate with local athletes, coaches, schools, and healthcare professionals to create a network focused on athlete well-being.
- 🧑🤝🧑 Inclusive Team: Become a part of a supportive and diverse community, united by the goal of making sports safer for everyone regardless of age, gender, or background.
By participating in the Peterborough Athletics Concussion Awareness Student Volunteer Program, you’re not just gaining experience – you’re making a tangible impact on the lives of athletes and their families. Together, we can champion safer sports practices and ensure that every individual has the knowledge and resources needed to stay healthy and enjoy the sports they love.
Ready to be a game-changer in the world of sports safety? Join our team today and help us spread the word: concussions matter, and awareness saves lives. Your dedication could make all the difference! 🌐🤗
Get in Touch. Get Involved.
Share Your Story!
Sharing your story is one of the best ways to spread concussion awareness. All submissions will be sent to our social media team and they will follow up with you to ensure your story gets shared on our social media page!
Join our volunteer team and help to contribute to local education and awareness on concussions in sport.
Join our growing network of community partners and help us work on projects that expand the local communities capacity for concussion education and awareness.